In its striking way, the Catechism calls the sacraments “‘the masterworks of God’ in the new and everlasting covenant." (1116)
You will treasure these talks as they open your heart and mind anew to these timeless masterworks. And what masterworks they are. From early in life, these outward signs that impart inward grace offer moments of transformation. Jesus himself is “sacrament” – visible sign of the invisible God.
Each of our Sacramental celebrations give us “a glimpse into the heart of God.” The series speaks of Jesus Christ as Sacrament, the Eucharist, the Sacraments of Initiation, the Sacraments of Healing and the Sacraments at the Service of Communion.
Whether you’ve always wondered about the theology and liturgy of these mighty divine gifts, whether you teach them and are on the look-out for fresh insights and inspiration, or whether you’d simply like to enjoy an easy-to-use way to explore a crucial aspect of the Catholic faith, Father Tom Richstatter’s 4-CD audio series is for you.
In this original series available exclusively from Now You Know Media, Father Tom offers 12 lectures that distill his decades of studying, teaching and celebrating the sacraments into a format that can turn even the most busy schedule into a golden opportunity for learning on the go.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Thomas Richstatter, O.F.M. is a Franciscan priest of the Cincinnati province. He has received advanced degrees in Theology from the University of Notre Dame and Liturgy from the Liturgy Institute in Paris, France. His doctorate in Theology was granted by the Catholic Institute of Paris in 1976. He has served the Church as Executive Secretary of the Federation of Diocesan Liturgical Commissions. He is currently professor of liturgy and sacramental theology at Saint Meinrad School of Theology in Indiana.
A popular writer and lecturer, he is the author of over 100 articles, audio tapes, and videos. His book, The Sacraments: How Catholics Pray, is used by many parishes in the USA with catechumens and candidates coming into the Catholic Church. Fr. Tom appears in more than a dozen Catholic Update videos, including "Understanding the Sacraments" and "A Walk through the Mass." He is most widely known for his liturgical and sacramental contributions to the monthly publication Catholic Update. His book Eucharist: Jesus with Us will be published in 2009.
- Sacraments: A Glimpse into the Heart of God
- Sacraments through the ages
- Eucharist: Source and Summit of Sacramental Life
- The Triduum: Key to understanding the Eucharist
- A Walk Through the Mass
- Initiation into the Paschal Mystery
- Confirmation: Sacrament of the Spirit?
- Christ: Sacrament of Forgiveness and Reconciliation
- Christ: Sacrament of Healing
- Church: An Ordered Community
- Love: The Ultimate Sacrament
- Life's Three Great Questions