Take an extraordinary journey through the liturgical year.
You will find this erudite and joyful course informative, useful, and deeply moving.
Like a kaleidoscope, the liturgical year turns its cycles, offering fresh images of hope to those who mark these holy seasons in faith. With song, ritual, and devotion, the Church marks time with beauty. Through these seasons, we celebrate the colorful good news of life to be lived in abundance: here, now, and forever.
Now, you can join celebrated homilist and liturgy expert Fr. Richard Fragomeni on a journey through the power of liturgical year. In this essential course, you’ll gain fresh insights into the readings, music, and prayers of the liturgical year. It will engage your imagination and deepen your understanding of what it means to live in Christ.
The liturgical seasons encourage the hearts and minds of believers to be born again in Christ. With each turn of the seasons, Christians are invited to turn from sin and to accept a conversion of life. Moving through these lectures, you will appreciate each season of grace for its opportunities for conversion.
Learning about the liturgical year will transform your mind and spirit. Its lessons are forever old and new: the same tradition of meaning is turned over and over again until the Holy Spirit helps you become the Body of Christ.
Discover the power of the liturgical year today.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide. 2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser. 3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
A widely known homilist and public speaker, Reverend Fragomeni teaches at Catholic Theological Union in Chicago where he is associate professor of liturgy and preaching and chairperson of the Department of Word and Worship. A Roman Catholic priest, Fr. Fragomeni completed his S.T.B in theology and M.A. in religious studies at the University of Louvain, Belgium. He earned a second M.A., a M.M. in vocal performance, and a Ph.D. in Sacramental Theology at The Catholic University of America. He has been the keynote speaker and seminar leader at many national events and his articles have appeared in many journals. His books cover a range of sacramental, spiritual, and catechetical topics. He is a member of the North American Academy of Liturgy and the Catholic Theological Society of America.
- The Liturgical Year: A Kaleidoscope of Faith
- The Starting Point of Mystery in Time: God’s Gift
- Advent: The Beginning and the End are One
- Christmas: The Midnight Hour of Grace
- Lent: A Springtime of Renewal for the Church
- Christian Initiation and the Great Season of Lent
- The Holy Week: The Popular Practices of a Sacred Time
- The Triduum: The heart of the Year
- The Great Fifty Days, Easter, and Pentecost
- The Feasts of Mary
- The Saints in Time: A Liturgical Gallery of Holy Ones
- Ordinary Time