Join celebrated homilist and liturgy expert Fr. Richard Fragomeni for an extraordinary journey through the Liturgical Year.
Gain special insight into how the Church sanctifies the days, weeks and seasons of the year with distinctive celebrations that cast the profound light of eternity on the inner meaning of human existence in time.
Like a kaleidoscope turning to create fresh clusters of class and color, so the Liturgical Year turns its cycles, offering fresh images of hope and comfort to those who mark these holy seasons in faith. With song and metaphors, with ritual and aroma, with story and devotion, the Church marks time with beauty and seeks to transform the viewpoint of believers. Thus, the Church turns time into a liturgical kaleidoscope and celebrates the colorful good news of life to be lived in abundance – here, now and forever – even until the end of time and the Resurrection of the Dead!
The Liturgical Year appeals to the hearts and minds of believers to turn and be born fresh again in Christ. With each turn of the seasons, Christians are invited to turn around from sin, to accept a conversion of life. The Greek word for conversion, metanoia, means to turn the mind around, going beyond the old mind of alienation and feat, and putting on the mind of Christ. In this way, the Liturgical Year becomes like a school of transformation. The lessons are forever old and new – the same tradition of meaning, turned over and over again unto renewed patterns – until the Holy Spirit helps become the Body of Christ!
Through this unique course, you will gain fresh insights into the readings, music, prayers and devotions of the Liturgical Year. It will engage your imagination into fresh clusters of understanding about what it means to live, move and have our being in Christ. In tis course, each season of grace is appreciated for the invitations it brings forward for conversion. Each season’s meanings are interpreted to invite you into an inner journey of enchantment. The kaleidoscope keeps turning…will you?
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
A widely known homilist and public speaker, Reverend Fragomeni teaches at Catholic Theological Union in Chicago where he is associate professor of liturgy and preaching and chairperson of the Department of Word and Worship. A Roman Catholic priest, Fr. Fragomeni completed his S.T.B in theology and M.A. in religious studies at the University of Louvain, Belgium. He earned a second M.A., a M.M in vocal performance, and a Ph.D. in Sacramental Theology at The Catholic University of America. He has been the keynote speaker and seminar leader at many national events and his articles have appeared in a many journals. His books cover a range of sacramental, spiritual, and catechetical topics. He is a member of the North American Academy of Liturgy and the Catholic Theological Society of America.
- The Liturgical Year: A Kaleidoscope of Faith
- The Starting Point of Mystery in Time: God’s Gift
- Advent: The Beginning and the End are One
- Christmas: The Midnight Hour of Grace
- Lent: A Springtime of Renewal for the Church
- Christian Initiation and the Great Season of Lent
- The Holy Week: The Popular Practices of a Sacred Time
- The Triduum: The heart of the Year
- The Great Fifty Days, Easter, and Pentecost
- The Feasts of Mary
- The Saints in Time: A Liturgical Gallery of Holy Ones
- Ordinary Time