If you love the New Testament, you will love this course.
Taught by one of world’s greatest living biblical scholars, it will give you deep insight into Christ’s salvific message.
Each digitally recorded lecture is expertly delivered for your learning enjoyment. You will also receive a free study guide containing outlines, review questions, and a list of suggested readings.
Since it first appeared, the Gospel of John has gripped the hearts of Christians. John presents a compelling and distinctive portrait of Jesus and his mission. Now you can explore this powerful portrayal of Jesus along with the philosophical and theological understanding it inspired with one of the world's top biblical scholars as your personal teacher.
John's Gospel is just as authentically 'historical' as the Gospels of Mark, Matthew and Luke. John, however, reflects a different style and a unique way of portraying Jesus himself.
Throughout the centuries, mystics and ordinary Christian disciples have all been drawn to this Gospel. Through these talks, you will come to understand and enjoy The Gospel of John as never before.
You may wish to purchase all four Gospel courses, now available for a special price as part of the 4 Gospel Bundle.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Donald Senior, C.P., is president of the Catholic Theological Union in Chicago, where he has taught the New Testament since 1972. A Roman Catholic priest of the Passionist order, Fr. Senior has served on the Pontifical Biblical Commission since Pope John Paul II named him to it in 2001. In addition to having written books and articles too numerous to list, Fr. Senior is general editor of The Bible Today and The Catholic Study Bible, as well as coeditor of the 22-volume commentary New Testament Message. He earned his doctorate in New Testament Studies from the University of Louvain, Belgium, and completed further graduate studies at Hebrew Union College and Harvard University. In 1994, the Catholic Library Association gave him its Jerome Award for outstanding scholarship. In 1996, the National Catholic Educational Association awarded him the Bishop Loras Lane Award for his outstanding contribution to theological education.
- Introducing the Gospel of John: The 'Maverick Gospel'
- The Prologue as 'Center'
- The Prologue and the Christology of John
- The Meaning of Discipleship in John's Gospel
- The Johannine Discourses
- 'Signs' in John's Gospel
- The Bread of Life Discourse
- Opposition to Jesus
- The Raising of Lazarus as Summation of the Mission of Jesus
- The Farewell Discourse
- The Passion of Jesus in John's Gospel
- The Resurrection