How are modern-day Catholics to perceive or practice mysticism in the 21st century?
Now you can explore the reality of mysticism with renowned Ignatian Spirituality expert, Fr. Paul Coutinho. Mysticism within the Catholic faith has a long and honored history and now with this 12-lecture series, you can discover the meaning and spiritual significance of practicing mysticism as developed by St. Ignatius.
The mysticism of Saint Ignatius is a universal mysticism lived out in everyday life. To follow this mystical path one does not have to run away to a lonely place or engage in severe asceticism. Rather the Ignatian mystical pathway shows us how to live our day-to-day lives in all its fullness: we savor our deserts, enjoy our vacations, grow in our loving relationships and are fully present to the painful situations of our lives.
Through this revealing new course, you will learn that the key to Ignatian mysticism is not to find God in all things but to allow God to find us in all things—not just to love God, but to receive God's love. Discover for yourself how a personal relationship and mystical union with God is life changing.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Fr. Paul Coutinho is an internationally recognized Ignatian scholar and speaker, who brings an Eastern flavor to Western spirituality. Originally from India, he shares his knowledge and experience of Saint Ignatius in various parts of the world through retreats, workshops, seminars, keynote speeches, his books, and other writings.
Fr. Coutinho has earned two masters degrees in Clinical Psychology and Religious Studies. He has a Ph.D. in Historical Theology, focused on Ignatian Spirituality, from Saint Louis University. Fr. Coutinho is the author of The Ignatian Ideal and Jesuit Reality (Gujarat Sahitya Press, 1999), How Big Is Your God? The Freedom to Experience the Divine, published by Loyola Press (Loyola Press, 2007), and Just as You Are: Opening your Life to the Infinite Love of God (Loyola Press, 2009), and An Ignatian Pathway: Experiencing the Mystical Dimension of the Spiritual Exercises (Loyola Press, 2011).
Fr. Coutinho previously served as a faculty member of the Theological Studies Department and as the Assistant for Mission Formation in the Division of Mission and Ministry at Saint Louis University. He was also the Director of Ignatian Spirituality for South Asia and the Editor of Ignis: South Asian Journal of Ignatian Spirituality from 1996 to 2009.
- The Goal of Ignatian Mysticism
- First stages of Ignatius’ Spiritual Pathway
- The Graces Ignatius Received at Manresa
- La Storta
- Ignatian Prayer
- Help for Prayer and the Mystical Life
- Obstacles to becoming a mystic: Sin and Attachment
- Finding and Living my Root Grace
- Ignatian Discernment
- Preparation for Discernment
- The Identity of an Ignatian Mystic