Can you imagine what it would be like to meet Paul the Apostle?
You are invited to encounter Paul and his remarkable legacy as never before. Your guide is world-renowned Pauline expert Fr. Ronald Witherup, Superior General of the Sulpician Order.
Arguably, Paul's influence on Christianity has been greater than that of any other writer. The 13 epistles attributed to Paul have influenced great figures of Christian history from St. Augustine to Martin Luther to contemporary theologians, as well as an untold number of believers.
And yet St. Paul has posed problems for many people. He has been misunderstood as distorting the message of Jesus, leading true Christianity astray, promoting misogyny, and encouraging negative attitudes toward human sexuality. Still, many find his letters sublime and encouraging. Through these thoughtful lectures, you will enter Paul’s world, understand his life, see his conversion unfold, examine his theology, and explore his letters.
You simply cannot understand Christianity without understanding this remarkable Apostle and his works, which remain life-changing and controversial two millennia after they were written. Now you can take a fascinating 24-lecture course on Paul by one of the Catholic Church’s leading experts, whenever and wherever you want.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Sulpician Father Ronald D. Witherup, S.S., Ph.D., is a leading expert on St. Paul. He is a frequent retreat master, lecturer on biblical and theological topics, and celebrated author whose works cover multiple areas of the Bible. Among his published books are The Bible Companion: A Handbook for Beginners, Matthew: God With Us, the award-winning Biblical Fundamentalism: What Every Catholic Should Know, and 101 Questions & Answers on Paul. His most recent books are Scripture: Dei Verbum, St. Paul: Called to Conversion, Stations of the Cross According to Saint Paul, and Gold Tested in Fire: A New Pentecost for the Catholic Priesthood. He is the presenter of two other programs from Now You Know Media, Saint Paul: His Life, Faith and Legacy and St. Paul’s Letters: First and Second Corinthians and Galatians.
Fr. Witherup is currently the Superior General of the Sulpician Order, an international group of Catholic priests. A former dean and professor of Sacred Scripture at St. Patrick Seminary in Menlo Park, CA, he received his doctorate in biblical studies from Union Theological Seminary in Richmond, VA.
- The World of Paul
- Method of the Study of Paul
- The Life of Paul
- In the Footsteps of Saint Paul: Archeology and Paul's World
- Paul's Letters
- The Conversion or Call of Paul
- No Lone Ranger: Paul's Companions
- On the Road Again: Paul's Journeys
- Paul's Theology
- Paul's Christology
- Paul's Understanding of the Holy Spirit
- Paul's Understanding of Church
- Paul's Anthropology: His Understanding of the Human Person
- Paul and the Law
- Paul and the Spiritual Life I
- Paul and the Spiritual Life II
- Paul's Understanding of the End Times
- Paul's Ethics
- Three Thorny Ethical Questions
- Paul as a Pastor
- A Thematic Overview of Paul's Letters
- The History of Interpretation of Paul
- Paul's Legacy