This is the course intelligent Catholics like you have been longing for. Gain an integrated understanding of the theology and science concerning the origins of human life. How many of us feel fully confident to field theological or biological questions about human life? Now you can.
Abortion, infertility, in vitro fertilization, frozen human embryos, embryonic stem cell research, human cloning, contraception, natural family planning - the Church has assembled the accumulated wisdom of theologians, scientists, clergy, and laypeople to offer definite guidance on each of these topics. But often, the relationships between science, theology, and practice may appear muddled. We selected one of the Church's leading bioethics experts and teachers, Fr. Alfred Cioffi, to bring you clarity and understanding.
You will learn the basic biological, psychological, ethical and social aspects concerning early human life. Grounded in Catholic teaching, this course will to give you the reasons why the Church says what it says.
Who should listen to this 21-lecture course? Pastors and parishioners, parents and teachers, doctors, nurses, politicians, business people, government employees; anyone with an honest interest in the truth about the beginning of human life.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Rev. Alfred Cioffi is a professor of Biomedical Ethics at St. Thomas University in Miami and a Senior Fellow at the National Catholic Bioethics Center. He is an ethics advisor to the Archdiocese of Miami and the bishops of Florida.
After receiving his undergraduate degree in biology in Florida, he entered St. Vincent de Paul Regional Seminary and was ordained a priest in 1985. After five years of parish ministry service, Fr. Cioffi was sent to Rome where he earned his Doctorate in Sacred Theology, Magna Cum Laude, from the Pontifical Gregorian University. He later received his Ph.D. in Genetics from Purdue University. Fr. Cioffi is a frequent speaker on bioethics and life issues and is fluent in English, Spanish and Italian.
- Biology of Human Procreation
- Psychology of Human Procreation
- The Spiritual Dimension of Human Procreation
- Four Main Stages of Embryonic Development
- Human Twinning
- Two Modes of Reproduction
- Biomedical Facts about Contraception and Sterilization
- Ethical Evaluation of Contraception and Sterilization
- Vocation to Married Love and Life
- In Vitro Fertilization
- Ethical Evaluation of Reproductive Technologies
- Frozen Human Embryos
- Embryonic Stem Cell Research
- Adult Stem Cell
- Human Cloning
- Who Has an Abortion?
- Is the Unborn a Person?
- Alternatives to Abortion
- Natural Family Planning Explained
- Ethical Evaluation of Natural
- Family Planning Conclusion