Discover why St. Thérèse of Lisieux is, in the words of Pope Pius X, the “greatest saint of modern times.”
When Thérèse Martin died not yet twenty five-years old in the small town of Lisieux, no one could have predicted that the Catholic Church would honor her as a saint and Doctor of the Church. Having lived a modest, secluded life, Thérèse thought of herself merely as a “grain of sand” and called herself the Little Flower. Despite her obscurity during her lifetime, however, her posthumously published autobiography, The Story of a Soul, became a modern spiritual classic and continues to touch the hearts of the faithful worldwide.
Join Carmelite spirituality expert Dr. Keith Egan in exploring the life, works, and legacy of this inspiring saint. These lectures provide invaluable insight into her life and writings. Whether new to or familiar with St. Thérèse, you will be inspired to read her words afresh, discovering layers of meaning within seemingly simple statements.
Thérèse's “Little Way” provides us with a powerful model of simplicity and commitment to God. Thérèse of Lisieux: Wisdom’s Daughter explores the wisdom that the youngest Doctor of the Church shares with anyone who seeks to lead a more deeply spiritual, committed life. Thérèse’s wisdom was a gift of God—a gift that is now available for you to cherish.
Photograph © Office Central de Lisieux.
Learn about downloadable programs.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Keith J. Egan is the former President of the Carmelite Institute (2007—2012) and the current Aquinas Chair in Catholic Theology Emeritus at Saint Mary’s College, where, in 1984, he founded the college’s Center for Spirituality. Dr. Egan’s doctorate is from the University of Cambridge, England. He lectures widely and has published extensively on Christian spirituality and mysticism as well as on Carmelite spirituality to audiences in North America, Ireland, England and Rome. Dr. Egan has been a charter lecturer of the North American Carmelite Forum and a corresponding fellow of the Institutum Carmelitanum in Rome.
- Thérèse of Lisieux: Wisdom’s Daughter
- Thérèse’s Story of a Soul: “I Will Sing the Mercies of the Lord Forever”
- Thérèse: A Child Surrounded by Love
- Thérèse: The World She Lived In
- Thérèse’s Family: Called to a Deeper Love
- Thérèse: Called to the Land of Carmel
- Thérèse: Mentored by Teresa and John
- Thérèse Martin: Doctor of the Church
- Thérèse’s Biblical Imagination
- Thérèse: Disciple and Spouse of Jesus of Nazareth
- Thérèse: The Little Way – A Way of Love
- Thérèse of Lisieux: Wisdom for a More Contemplative Church