This series may change your life.
Capuchin Fr. Dan Crosby, master retreat leader, invites you to look anew at Jesus’ call to discipleship, and at what that call means for us in our lives. Enjoy these talks in your car or home, and gain fresh insight into scripture and the Christian life.
As we know, the author of John’s Gospel constantly invites us to unearth new layers of meaning in nearly everything he writes about. Thus, Scripture scholars believe the Beloved Disciple was deliberately un-named, so that all disciples encountering these passages could find themselves within them and embrace full discipleship as totally and eagerly as did this early follower of Jesus.
Through 12 lectures, Dan Crosby will examine all the passages in John referring to the Beloved Disciple. Discover, with Fr. Dan, the richness they contain for a deeper embrace of Jesus’ love, and for living out that love within our own Christian community - just as the original Beloved Disciple did so faithfully in his community.
Let Fr. Dan Crosby lead you to fully embrace your call to discipleship.
This series is a highly recommended staff favorite.
Learn about downloadable programs.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Fr. Crosby is a member of the vibrant Capuchin Franciscan community at Saint Bonaventure Monastery in Detroit, Michigan. Previously, he served for fifteen years as the Director of the St. Anthony Retreat Center in Marathon, Wisconsin. After his ordination in 1964, he did post-graduate work at St. Paul's University in Ottawa and earned a licentiate in theology as well as a Masters in Theology. Fr. Crosby spent three more years of post-graduate work at the Institute of Formative Spirituality at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, where he earned another Masters in Religion and Personality. For ten years, he taught theology and spirituality in Indiana and Wisconsin and spent eighteen years ministering to the poor in inner-city Milwaukee as well as at the Northern Cheyenne Reservation in Montana. Wherever he has ministered, Fr. Crosby has worked to integrate scripture as well as the Franciscan vision into his life and preaching. He has been a spiritual director and acclaimed retreat master throughout the country.
- Myths and Meaning Surrounding the Beloved Disciple
- The Journey to Become a Beloved Disciple Begins: Jn 1:35-42
- Jesus’ First Question
- “The Hour Has Come”: Jn 13:1-17
- Bosom Resting, Betrayal and Command: Jn 13:18-35
- Discipleship Denied: Jn 18:15-27
- Jn 19:25-28: With The Mother of Jesus, Discipleship to the End
- Jn 19:25-28; 31-37: Beloved Disciples See More, Believe More
- Beloved Disciple and Peter on the Way toward a New and Risen Life: Jn 20:1-10
- The Beloved Disciple: Alive and Well in Our Own World
- How to Live Out This New Life in Ordinary Life?: The Eucharist: Jn 21:1-12
- Discipleship Restored: Jn 21:15-25