This is a special discounted price for a bundle of these two audio programs:
The Narrative Spirituality of Dante’s Divine Comedy* by Dr. Sebastian Mahfood, O.P., Ph.D.
Dante's Divine Comedy by Sr. Mary Clemente Davlin, O.P., Ph.D.
* Indicates this program does not come with a study guide.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this bundle, we will send you a free electronic study guide for one of the programs that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guides.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guides by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Dr. Sebastian Mahfood, O.P., Ph.D., is Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies and Vice-President of External Affairs and Governmental Compliance at Holy Apostles College and Seminary in Cromwell, Connecticut. He holds a doctorate in literature from Saint Louis University along with several master’s degrees in the fields of comparative literature, philosophy, theology, and educational technology. He is the author of Radical Eschatologies: Embracing the Eschaton in the Works of Ngugi wa Thiong’o, Nuruddin Farah, and Ayi Kwei Armah (St. Louis University, 2006) and the co-author (with Ronda Chervin) of Catholic Realism: A Framework for Refuting Atheism and Evangelizing the Atheists (En Route Books and Media, 2015). He is a lay Dominican of the Queen of the Holy Rosary Chapter in the Province of St. Albert the Great.
Praise for Dr. Mahfood
“Sebastian Mahfood is an engaging, enthusiastic lecturer with a probing interest in everything from medieval literature and theology to post-modern Arab writings. He developed an online course on Dante’s Divine Comedy, which was enthusiastically received. I am happy to see that this course will now be available to the general public.”
– Rev. Msgr. Michael John Witt, Kenrick-Glennon Seminary
The Narrative Spirituality of Dante’s Divine Comedy
- The Narrative Setting: Troughs of Allegory and Metaphor
- The Ethical Setting: Aristotle’s Nicomachean Ethics
- The Floor-Plan of Hell: The Disintegration of Community        and the Stuntedness of Vice
- The Lesson Plan of Hell: Contrapasso and Allegory
- A Narrative Reading of the 9th Circle
- The Narrative Setting: Cornices of Whips and Reins
- The Background Story: La Vita Nuova
- The Floor-Plan of Purgatory: The Rise of Community        and the Growth in Virtue
- Purgatory’s Tropology: The Hand-Off to Beatrice
- A Narrative Reading of a Few Purgatorial Cantos
- The Narrative Setting: Spheres of Grace
- The Floor-Plan of Paradise: Casting Deep into the Net
- Paradiso's Soteriology: Beatrice, the Screen Lady
- A Narrative Reading of the Empyrean Cantos
- A Review of Our Journey
Dante's Divine Comedy
- Two Loves and Two Tragedies: The Life of Dante Alighieri
- Getting into Hell
- Hell and the Sins of Desire
- Hell and the Sins of Violence
- Hell and the Sins of Fraud
- The Frozen Heart of Hell
- Ante-Purgatory: The Gate to Healing
- Terraces of Healing in Purgatory
- Terraces of Desire and the Garden of Eden
- Paradise Begins
- Paradise, The Middle Heavens
- The Vision of Go