Welcome to “A Retreat with the Gospel of Matthew”!
This new 12-conference audio retreat series and its accompanying written guide will enable you to spend prayerful time with our Lord Jesus, using Matthew’s gospel.
Combining prayerful reflection, outstanding biblical scholarship and an engaging presentation style, each conference was studio-recorded by one of our most beloved presenters, Fr. Felix Just, S.J., a truly exceptional biblical retreat leader.
You can use this series to make your “retreat” in several different ways, according to your own preferences. Designed primarily for individuals doing their own personal prayer, you can also use these conferences in small group settings with ample opportunities for communal prayer and sharing. Consider listening to each talk while driving or relaxing at home. Then use your free 62-page written guide to prayerfully reflect on what you’ve experienced in your prayer alone or with others.
You can flexibly adapt this series to fit your particular schedule, going through this retreat at your own pace, either two conferences per day (one-week retreat), or one conference per day (12-day retreat), or in a more brief, concentrated retreat (three or more conferences per day).
This series combines an insightful examination of Matthew’s Gospel with three methods of biblical prayer—reflective meditation, imaginative contemplation and centering prayer—to help you grow in your relationship with Jesus.
If you wish to grow closer to Jesus by spending some prayer time with scripture, you will cherish this series. Fr. Just’s previous Now You Know Media programs generated some of the highest customer satisfaction scores we have ever seen for any course, and this newest program is truly special.
Learn about downloadable programs.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Fr. Felix Just, S.J., Ph.D., is Executive Director of the Loyola Institute for Spirituality in Orange, California. After receiving his Doctorate in New Testament Studies from Yale University, he taught at Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles), the University of San Francisco, and Santa Clara University. He was also director of the Center for Religion and Spirituality at LMU, and dean of the Lay Ecclesial Ministry and Deacon Formation Programs for the Diocese of Las Vegas. He regularly teaches courses, gives public lectures, and leads biblically-based days of prayer, parish missions, and weekend or weeklong retreats. He maintains a large internationally recognized website of “Catholic Resources” (catholic-resources.org
- Beginning Our Retreat with Matthew’s Gospel
- Coming to Know Jesus Christ (Matt 1-2)
- Jesus, the Beloved Son of God (Matt 3-4)
- Jesus, the Great Teacher of God’s Law (Matt 5)
- Jesus, the Teacher of Righteousness (Matt 6-7)
- Preparing Disciples for Mission (Matt 10)
- Parables of the Kingdom of Heaven (Matt 13)
- The Community of Disciples (Matt 18)
- The Final Judgment (Matt 24-25)
- Entering the Passion of Jesus (Matt 26)
- Trials, Crucifixion, Death and Burial (Matt 27)
- The Resurrection of Jesus (Matt 28)