How do I find God?
This probing question is the single most important for Christians today.
When our souls are thirsty for the spiritual, how do we fid the time to contemplate, and more importantly, what do we do during that time? What happens when God asks us to let go of what is dear to us? Does the ancient mystical tradition of the Church mean anything today?
Celebrated author and Daughter of St. Paul Kathryn James Hermes, F.S.P., seeks to address these questions in this vital course.
You will find spiritual nourishment through this unique series. This program weaves together various strands of Christian living into a tapestry of spiritual development and Christian maturity.
It is only the Spirit who paints in our hearts the face of Christ and so the program includes guided prayer exercises where you can place yourself under the guidance of the Spirit.
We highly recommend this series.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
The study of spirituality has been a life-long pursuit of Kathryn J. Hermes, F.S.P. She has an M.T.S. from Weston Jesuit Center for Theological Studies and an advanced certificate in Scripture. She is the author of Surviving Depression—A Catholic Approach (now in ten languages), Making Peace with Yourself—15 Steps for Spiritual Healing, Beginning Contemplative Prayer, St. Joseph—Help for Life's Emergencies, Holding on to Hope (Fall 2010 release), among others. Hermes is a Daughter of St. Paul. She currently directs the Acquisitions Office for Pauline Book and Media Centers and Digital Publishing for the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul. She is a spiritual director, offers presentations on spirituality and depression, and leads retreats.
- What God Is Doing
- Cultivate Stillness and Silence
- Invite to Come Near
- Introduction to Contemplation; Remain in God’s Presence: Lessons from Brother Lawrence
- Let the Spirit Direct Your: Lessons from St. Ignatius of Loyola
- Experiencing the Longing to Touch God: Lessons from Lectio Divina; Simply Love: Lessons from The Cloud of Unknowing
- Prayer Toward Union: Lessons from St. Teresa of Avila
- Transformation in Christ: Lessons from Blessed James Alberione
- Wrapped in the Heart of God: Lessons from Simone Weil; The Courtesy of God: Lessons from Blessed Julian of Norwich
- Deepening Commitment
- Praying in the Darkness
- Getting Your Inside World Put Right
- Your Life Repeated in My Life
- The Way of God
- The Ultimate Reliability of God
- Becoming Aware
- You Are My God
- Rumblings and Resistance
- Being Called by Name
- A Prayer of Inner Healing
- A Contract With Yourself
- Prayer of Transformation