How do you find God?
This may be the single most important question for Christians today. Now, in this extensive, 24-conference program, you will join celebrated author and Pauline sister, Kathryn James Hermes, F.S.P., in exploring the tradition of contemplative prayer.
Whether you are a newcomer or well-seasoned in the ways of prayer, you will find nourishment in this sublime series. Sr. Hermes weaves together various strands of Christian living into a tapestry of spiritual development and Christian maturity.
When your soul longs for the spiritual, how do you find the time to contemplate? What happens when God asks you to let go of what is most dear to you? What can you learn from the ancient mystical tradition of the Church today?
In this vital course, you will reflect upon these questions and much more, discovering new horizons of contemplative living in today’s ever-changing world. As you explore a variety of practical teachings on contemplative prayer from saints and the Catholic tradition, you will deepen your own spiritual life.
It is only the Spirit who paints in your heart the face of Christ, and so this program includes prayer exercises that place you under Spirit’s guiding light. As you embark on this journey, you will find paths to inner peace when your heart needs healing.
This is a truly essential course for all Christians wishing to live prayerfully.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
The study of spirituality has been a life-long pursuit of Kathryn J. Hermes, F.S.P. She has an M.T.S. from Weston Jesuit Center for Theological Studies and an advanced certificate in Scripture. She is the author of Surviving Depression—A Catholic Approach (now in ten languages), Making Peace with Yourself—15 Steps for Spiritual Healing, Beginning Contemplative Prayer, St. Joseph—Help for Life's Emergencies, Holding on to Hope, among others. Hermes is a Daughter of St. Paul. She currently directs the Acquisitions Office for Pauline Book and Media Centers and Digital Publishing for the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul. She is a spiritual director, offers presentations on spirituality and depression, and leads retreats.
- What God Is Doing
- Cultivate Stillness and Silence
- Invite to Come Near
- Introduction to Contemplation; Remain in God’s Presence: Lessons from Brother Lawrence
- Let the Spirit Direct Your: Lessons from St. Ignatius of Loyola
- Experiencing the Longing to Touch God: Lessons from Lectio Divina; Simply Love: Lessons from The Cloud of Unknowing
- Prayer Toward Union: Lessons from St. Teresa of Avila
- Transformation in Christ: Lessons from Blessed James Alberione
- Wrapped in the Heart of God: Lessons from Simone Weil; The Courtesy of God: Lessons from Blessed Julian of Norwich
- Deepening Commitment
- Praying in the Darkness
- Getting Your Inside World Put Right
- Your Life Repeated in My Life
- The Way of God
- The Ultimate Reliability of God
- Becoming Aware
- You Are My God
- Rumblings and Resistance
- Being Called by Name
- A Prayer of Inner Healing
- A Contract With Yourself
- Prayer of Transformation