This is a special discounted price for a bundle of these two programs by Rev. Donald Senior, C.P., S.T.D.:
The Jesus of Scripture (Video)
The Gospel of John (Audio)
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this bundle, we will send you a free electronic study guide for each program that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guides.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guides by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Donald Senior, C.P., is president of the Catholic Theological Union in Chicago, where he has taught the New Testament since 1972. A Roman Catholic priest of the Passionist order, Fr. Senior has served on the Pontifical Biblical Commission since Pope John Paul II named him to it in 2001. In addition to having written books and articles too numerous to list, Fr. Senior is general editor of The Bible Today and The Catholic Study Bible, as well as coeditor of the 22-volume commentary New Testament Message. He earned his doctorate in New Testament Studies from the University of Louvain, Belgium, and completed further graduate studies at Hebrew Union College and Harvard University. In 1994, the Catholic Library Association gave him its Jerome Award for outstanding scholarship. In 1996, the National Catholic Educational Association awarded him the Bishop Loras Lane Award for his outstanding contribution to theological education.
The Jesus of Scripture
- The Gospels as Portraits of Jesus
- The Origin of Jesus and His Identity as Son of God
- Jesus and His Disciples
- Jesus the Healer
- Jesus as Teacher
- Jesus the Prophet
- Jesus the Christ
- The Passion and Death of Jesus
- The Meaning of Jesus’ Death
- Jesus Risen
- Beyond Jesus: The Risen Christ and the Early Church
The Gospel of John
- Introducing the Gospel of John: The 'Maverick Gospel'
- The Prologue as 'Center'
- The Prologue and the Christology of John
- The Meaning of Discipleship in John's Gospel
- The Johannine Discourses
- 'Signs' in John's Gospel
- The Bread of Life Discourse
- Opposition to Jesus
- The Raising of Lazarus as Summation of the Mission of Jesus
- The Farewell Discourse
- The Passion of Jesus in John's Gospel
- The Resurrection