This is a special discounted price for a bundle of these two video programs by Prof. Christopher M. Bellitto, Ph.D.:
Picking Popes: Conclaves
Looking for the audio version of this bundle? Click here
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this bundle, we will send you a free electronic study guide for each program that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guides.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guides by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Dr. Christopher M. Bellitto is an award-winning historian, Associate Professor of History at Kean University, and Academic Editor at Paulist Press. He received a Ph.D. in History from Fordham University. He is the author of eight books and the co-editor of five others, and his writing has been honored by the American Catholic Historical Association and the Catholic Press Association. His books include 101 Questions and Answers on Popes and the Papacy (Paulist Press, 2008), Church History 101 (Liguori Publications, 2008), Ten Ways the Church Has Changed (Pauline Books and Media, 2006), The General Councils: A History of the 21 Church Councils from Nicaea to Vatican II (Paulist Press, 2002) and Renewing Christianity: A History of Church Reform from Day One to Vatican II (Paulist Press 2001). His articles have appeared in Church History, America, Commonweal, U.S. Catholic, and many other journals. A frequent public speaker and media commentator on Church history and contemporary Catholicism, he has appeared on The History Channel, NPR, CNN, and other radio and television stations
- Introduction: Where in World History Are the Reformations?
- Catholicism Chastened: The Avignon Papacy and the Great Western Schism
- Catholic Reform Before Luther: Missed Opportunities
- Popular Piety and Humanism: The Devotio Moderna and Erasmus
- Core Challenges: Crisis of Authority in Religion and Society
- Luther and Lutheranism
- Calvinism, Anabaptists, and Radical Reformers
- Henry VIII and an Anglican Church
- The Council of Trent and Early Modern Catholicism
- Catholicism on the Rebound: Europe and Abroad
- Wars of Religion
- Lessons and Legacies of the Reformations
Picking Popes: Conclaves
- What Happens When a Pope Dies?
- Conclaves and Cardinals: A History
- Difficult Questions