This is a special discounted price for a bundle of these two programs:
St. Ignatius Loyola and the Remarkable History of the First Jesuits
by Fr. John W. O'Malley, S.J., Ph.D.
Discerning God's Will the Jesuit Way
by Fr. Joseph A. Tetlow, S.J., Ph.D.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this bundle, we will send you a free electronic study guide for each program that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guides.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guides by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Learn More About This Professor
John W. O’Malley, a Roman Catholic priest and member of the Society of Jesus, is currently University Professor in the Theology Department of Georgetown University, Washington, DC. He holds a Ph.D. in history from Harvard University. His specialty is the religious culture of early modern Europe. Father O’Malley has written and edited a number of books, several of which have won best-book awards. For instance, The First Jesuits, perhaps his best known work, received both the Jacques Barzun Prize for Cultural History from the American Philosophical Society and the Philip Schaff Prize from the American Society for Church History. It has been translated into ten languages. In 2008, he published with Harvard University Press What Happened at Vatican II, which is a companion to his book from the same press, Trent: What Happened at the Council (2012).
Father O’Malley has lectured widely in Europe and North America to both professional and general audiences. He is past-president of the Renaissance Society of America and the American Catholic Historical Association. He holds the Johannes Quasten Medal from The Catholic University of America for distinguished service in religious studies. In 1995 he was elected to the American Academy...
About Your Presenter
Rev. Joseph Allen Tetlow, S.J., is considered one of the world’s leading experts on Ignatian spirituality and a world-renowned spiritual director. He served in Rome for 8 years as Secretariat for Ignatian Spirituality on the Jesuit General’s staff. He had earlier been dean of Loyola University in New Orleans and President of the Jesuit School of Theology at Berkeley. He was associate editor of the Jesuit weekly magazine, America
Rev. Tetlow is the former director of Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House at Lake Dallas, Texas, and he is currently professor emeritus and writer-in-residence at Saint Louis University. He received a doctorate from Brown University, and he has served on the Board of Directors of SLU, the University of Seattle, and Harvard's Institute for Educational Management. Rev. Joseph Tetlow has written numerous articles and books, including Ignatius Loyola: Spiritual Exercises, Choosing Christ in the World, and Making Choices in Christ.
The Gospel of Mark
- The Jesuits: Who Are They?
- Saint Ignatius Loyola: The Pilgrim's Story
- Founding the Society of Jesus
- The Jesuits and 'The Help of Souls'
- Ignatius: Governing the New Religious Order
- The Schools: An Unexpected Defining Moment
- Jesuit Spirituality: Up-Front and Deep-Down
- Jesuits and 'The Other': Protestants, Muslims, and Jews
- Jesuits: Catholic Friends and Enemies
- Saint Francis Xavier: The Most Famous of Them All
- After Ignatius
- 'Our Way of Proceeding'
The Gospel of Luke
- The Person Who Discerns
- The First Discernment: Knowing the God of Gods
- The Second Discernment: Jesus Christ is My Lord
- The Four Ways
- Ignatian Discernment and 'Spirits'
- Discernment as the Process of Finding God's Will
- Consolation and Hope
- Of Spiritual Desolation
- Discernment and Conscience
- Hope-Filled Enactment: The Final Step in Ignatian Discernment
- Sophisticated Tool and Some Handy Applications