This is a special discounted price for a bundle of these two audio programs:
The Gospel of John by Rev. Donald Senior, C.P., S.T.D.
A Retreat with the Gospel of John by Fr. Felix Just, S.J., Ph.D.
Looking for the video/audio version of this bundle? Click here
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this bundle, we will send you a free electronic study guide for each program that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guides.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guides by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Learn More About This Professor
Fr. Donald Senior is one of Catholicism’s leading New Testament scholars. He is President Emeritus of the Catholic Theological Union in Chicago, where he is also a professor of the New Testament. A Roman Catholic priest of the Passionist order, Fr. Senior has served on the Pontifical Biblical Commission since Pope John Paul II named him to it in 2001. He has taught and led study tours in the Holy Land for over 25 years.
In addition to having written books and articles too numerous to list, Fr. Senior is the general editor of The Bible Today and The Catholic Study Bible, as well as coeditor of the 22-volume commentary series New Testament Message. He earned his doctorate in New Testament Studies from the University of Louvain, Belgium, and completed further graduate studies at Hebrew Union College and Harvard University. He is past president of the Catholic Biblical Association and of the Association of Theological Schools of the United States and Canada. In 1994, the Catholic Library Association of America gave him its Jerome Award for outstanding scholarship. In 1996, the National Catholic Education Association awarded him the Bishop Loras Lane Award for his outstanding contribution to theological education.
About Your Presenter
Fr. Felix Just, S.J., Ph.D., is Executive Director of the Loyola Institute for Spirituality in Orange, California. After receiving his Doctorate in New Testament Studies from Yale University, he taught at Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles), the University of San Francisco, and Santa Clara University. He was also director of the Center for Religion and Spirituality at LMU, and dean of the Lay Ecclesial Ministry and Deacon Formation Programs for the Diocese of Las Vegas. He regularly teaches courses, gives public lectures, and leads biblically-based days of prayer, parish missions, and weekend or weeklong retreats. He maintains a large internationally recognized website of “Catholic Resources” (catholic-resources.org
The Gospel of John
- Introducing the Gospel of John
- The Prologue of John’s Gospel as Its “Center”
- The Prologue and the Christology of John
- The Meaning of Discipleship in John's Gospel
- The Johannine Discourses
- The “Signs” of John's Gospel
- The Bread of Life Discourse
- Opposition to Jesus
- The Raising of Lazarus as the Summation of the Mission of Jesus
- The Farewell Discourse of Jesus
- The Passion of Jesus in the Gospel of John
- The Resurrection of Jesus in the Gospel of John
A Retreat with the Gospel of John
- Beginning Our Retreat with John’s Gospel
- Jesus, the Word of God (John 1:1-18)
- John, Jesus, and Disciples (John 1:19-51)
- Jesus Begins His Signs (John 2)
- Jesus, the Only-Begotten Son (John 3)
- Jesus Gives Living Water (John 4—5)
- Jesus, the Bread of Life (John 6—7)
- Jesus, the Light of the World (John 8—9)
- Jesus, the Good Shepherd (John 10)
- Jesus, the Giver of Life (John 11—12)
- Jesus, Teacher and Lord (John 13—14)
- Jesus, the Father, and the Paraclete (John 15—17)
- Jesus, Exalted and Glorified (John 18—19)
- Jesus, Risen Lord and God (John 20)
- Jesus, Loving and Forgiving Lord (John 21)