This retreat program will inspire and move you.
The Gospel of Mark portrays Christ in action. Now, A Retreat with the Gospel of Mark invites you into active contemplation. This is a perfect program to enjoy alone or with others.
Combining prayerful reflection, careful biblical scholarship, and an engaging presentation style, each conference was studio-recorded by Fr. Felix Just, S.J., one of our most beloved presenters and an outstanding biblical retreat leader.
Mark’s Gospel presents a distinctive portrait of Jesus, emphasizing how Jesus is both the powerful Son of God and the suffering Son of Man. The Markan Jesus directly asks his disciples, “Who do you say that I am?” Reflecting on how you answer this question yourself will help you to grow ever more faithful in our own attempts to follow Jesus in our own lives.
This audio retreat program combines an insightful examination of Mark’s Gospel with three methods of biblical prayer—reflective meditation, imaginative contemplation and centering prayer—to help you grow in your relationship with Jesus.
You can use this program to make your own spiritual retreat for individual prayer and reflection or in small-group settings with opportunities for communal prayer and sharing. You can also listen to each talk while driving, taking a walk, or relaxing at home, and then use your free 40-page study guide to prayerfully reflect on what you’ve heard. If you wish to grow closer to Jesus by spending some prayerful time with the sacred scriptures, you will cherish this series.
Learn about downloadable programs.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Fr. Felix Just, S.J., Ph.D., is Executive Director of the Loyola Institute for Spirituality in Orange, California. After receiving his Doctorate in New Testament Studies from Yale University, he taught at Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles), the University of San Francisco, and Santa Clara University. He was also director of the Center for Religion and Spirituality at LMU, and dean of the Lay Ecclesial Ministry and Deacon Formation Programs for the Diocese of Las Vegas. He regularly teaches courses, gives public lectures, and leads biblically-based days of prayer, parish missions, and weekend or weeklong retreats. He maintains a large internationally recognized website of “Catholic Resources” (catholic-resources.org
- Beginning Our Retreat with Mark (1:1-15)
- Encountering Jesus Christ (Mark 1:16-45)
- Being with or against Jesus (Mark 2 – 3)
- Hearing the Parables of Jesus (Mark 4:1-34)
- Being Healed by Jesus (Mark 4:35 – 6:29)
- Being Nourished by Jesus (Mark 6:30 – 8:26)
- Accepting Who Jesus Really Is (Mark 8:14-38)
- Journeying with Jesus to Jerusalem (Mark 9 – 10)
- Remaining Faithful amid Conflict (Mark 11 – 12)
- Preparing for the End Times (Mark 13)
- Sharing the Passion of Jesus (Mark 14 – 15)
- Announcing the Resurrection of Jesus (Mark 16)