Embark on the Year of Luke with this inspiring audio retreat.
Through 12 fascinating and spiritually edifying conferences, you will spend prayerful time with Jesus Christ, using the Gospel according to Luke. Your guide is scripture expert Fr. Felix Just, S.J. (Ph.D., Yale University), and this retreat comes with carefully written guide for prayer and reflection.
Luke’s Gospel presents a distinctive portrait of Jesus. In Luke, the Holy Spirit guides all the action and empowers the life and ministry of Jesus. Luke’s Jesus is the Lord of all nations and the Savior of all peoples; so also, disciples are called to be just like Jesus, embracing all people regardless of social status, loving enemies, welcoming strangers, praising God, and praying for forgiveness.
This audio retreat program combines an insightful examination of Luke’s Gospel with three methods of biblical prayer—reflective meditation, imaginative contemplation, and centering prayer—to help you grow in your relationship with Jesus.
You can use this program in individual or small group settings, and it fits into a variety of schedules. You will also greatly benefit from the written guide, which contains questions for reflection and suggestions for personal prayer.
If you are looking for a thoughtful and uplifting biblical retreat to deepen your relationship with Jesus, you will love A Retreat with the Gospel of Luke. You will treasure the time spent each day with the Gospel of Luke and Fr. Felix Just.
Learn about downloadable programs.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Fr. Felix Just, S.J., Ph.D., is Executive Director of the Loyola Institute for Spirituality in Orange, California. After receiving his Doctorate in New Testament Studies from Yale University, he taught at Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles), the University of San Francisco, and Santa Clara University. He was also director of the Center for Religion and Spirituality at LMU, and dean of the Lay Ecclesial Ministry and Deacon Formation Programs for the Diocese of Las Vegas. He regularly teaches courses, gives public lectures, and leads biblically-based days of prayer, parish missions, and weekend or weeklong retreats. He maintains a large internationally recognized website of “Catholic Resources” (catholic-resources.org
- Luke’s Gospel and Prayer
- Luke’s Infancy Narrative
- Preparations for Jesus’ Ministry
- Jesus, the Messianic Prophet
- Miracles, Disciples, and Controversies
- Jesus’ Radical yet Merciful Teachings
- Jesus Embraces the Poor and Lowly
- Prayer and Repentance, Forgiveness and Joy
- Hospitality and Meals, Wealth and Possessions
- Passion I: Last Supper, Prayers, and Arrest
- Passion II: Trials, Crucifixion, and Burial
- Jesus’ Resurrection and Ascension