You will cherish this inspiring retreat.
A Retreat with the Gospel of John combines an insightful examination of all of the chapters of John’s Gospel with a powerful retreat experience. Using prayerful reflection, outstanding biblical scholarship, and an engaging presentation style, your guide, Fr. Felix Just, S.J., Ph.D., expertly takes you through an unforgettable retreat experience. Discover for yourself why Fr. Just is one of our most beloved presenters.
John’s Gospel presents a portrait of Jesus that is powerfully distinct from the image of Jesus contained in the three Synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark, and Luke). John’s highly developed and deeply spiritual theology vividly portrays Jesus as the incarnate Word of God and the only-begotten Son of the Father. Through all His words and works, Jesus reveals God to the world and invites us to believe and trust in Him, so that we might become children of God and thereby receive eternal life.
In addition to the 15 studio-recorded retreat talks, you will receive free carefully crafted written prayer and reflection guide.
If you are looking for an uplifting biblical retreat to help you deepen your relationship with Jesus, you will love A Retreat with the Gospel of John. You will treasure this time spent with the Gospel of John.
Learn about downloadable programs.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Fr. Felix Just, S.J., Ph.D., is the Director of Biblical Education at the Loyola Institute for Spirituality in Orange, California. After receiving his Doctorate in New Testament Studies from Yale University, he taught at Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles), the University of San Francisco, and Santa Clara University. He was also director of the Center for Religion and Spirituality at LMU, and dean of the Lay Ecclesial Ministry and Deacon Formation Programs for the Diocese of Las Vegas. He regularly teaches courses, gives public lectures, and leads biblically-based days of prayer, parish missions, and weekend or weeklong retreats. He maintains a large internationally recognized website of “Catholic Resources” (catholic-resources.org
- Beginning Our Retreat with John’s Gospel
- Jesus, the Word of God (John 1:1-18)
- John, Jesus, and Disciples (John 1:19-51)
- Jesus Begins His Signs (John 2)
- Jesus, the Only-Begotten Son (John 3)
- Jesus Gives Living Water (John 4—5)
- Jesus, the Bread of Life (John 6—7)
- Jesus, the Light of the World (John 8—9)
- Jesus, the Good Shepherd (John 10)
- Jesus, the Giver of Life (John 11—12)
- Jesus, Teacher and Lord (John 13—14)
- Jesus, the Father, and the Paraclete (John 15—17)
- Jesus, Exalted and Glorified (John 18—19)
- Jesus, Risen Lord and God (John 20)
- Jesus, Loving and Forgiving Lord (John 21)