What does it mean to walk in the footprints of Jesus Christ with St. Francis? How can we be more a part of the Trinitarian love that Francis so gracefully teaches while letting God and Christ into our deepest heart?
In this Franciscan retreat, presented by the award-winning author Fr. Michael Crosby, you will find the answers to these questions and many more. The lessons of spirituality, faith, love and humility that Francis of Assisi taught and practiced are more valuable for Catholics today than ever before. In a world of consumerism, how do we remain open, humble and obedient to the Church?
Throughout this 21-conference retreat, Fr. Crosby will gracefully guide you with breath and prayer through a journey that will take you deep inside yourself. You will understand what it means to allow all into your house, as God and Christ include all creatures in His house. You will be able to find a peace within your heart, mind and soul with God through the great power that is Trinitarian connectedness.
Fr. Crosby will enlighten you on the ways to patience, gentleness and kindness again through the spirit of Trinitarian connectedness. It is this love and connectedness that represents the path to Christ and the all-loving Father. He will help you understand how to embrace the leper in your life, to take in the other as your own brother or sister and to willingly give up all material life in exchange for a life of devotion, humility and closeness with God.
Francis has left these lessons not as a way for us to replicate or duplicate his actions and spirit. He has left these as a guide, as an example that he hoped would lead us to make our own footprints, on the same path as Francis's footprints, towards God.
Learn about downloadable programs.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide.
2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser.
3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Father Michael Crosby is a Capuchin Franciscan. He lives in community with other friars in a downtown Milwaukee parish that serves the urban poor, homeless and marginalized.
Since 1973, Fr. Crosby has been a pioneer among Catholics in promoting corporate reform through socially responsible investing. He was influential in getting Catholics to work with the Protestant and Jewish communities in this effort at the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR).
Fr. Crosby's preaching and writing on contemporary biblical discipleship has taken him around the world. Toward this end he gives retreats, workshops and parish missions. He has written seventeen books. His book on the Beatitudes, published in 1981, has had more than 20 printings. All of his latest books have received awards from the Catholic Press Association of Canada and the United States, including a first place award for Can Religious Life Be Prophetic? and a second place award for his book on Spirituality in 2008 entitled Finding Francis, Following Christ (Orbis, 2007). Fr. Crosby has also published The Paradox of Power: Moving from Control to Compassion in a Violent World (Crossroads, 2008) and Spirituality of the Beatitudes (Orbis, 2005).
- The Relevance of Franciscan Spirituality Today: Our Retreat in Context
- Withdrawing from Violence to Have the Scriptures Fulfilled in Us
- Cultivating the Spirit of Prayer and Devotion to Which All Must Contribute
- Learning from Clare How to Pray with a Pure Heart
- Embracing the Leper in, among and around Us: The Way of Conversion
- Cosmic House-Repair
- Choosing Which “Father” Will Be “Ours”
- Choosing Which God We Will Serve
- Desiring with All Our Heart to Embody the Gospel
- The Trinity and the Incarnation Embodied in Us
- Growing into the Cosmic Christ
- Expanding Our Understanding of the Real Presence in the Eucharist
- Franciscan Mysticism and Our Identification
- Expanding Our Boundaries to Include All in the House as Brothers/Sisters
- Franciscan Obedience in the Catholic Church
- Developing Communities of Trust: Confidently Making Known Our Needs
- Learning from Clare the Way to Be Chaste and Intimate
- Evangelical Poverty in a World Divided between Rich and Poor
- Peace in the Cosmic Household: The Way of Non-Appropriation
- Cultivating Cortesia: The Spirit’s Way of Patience, Gentleness and Kindness
- Cultivating the Spirit’s Way of “True and Perfect Joy”