Unlock the mysteries of mysticism today.
What is mysticism? What can the great Christian mystics tell you about God and about yourself? Join leading Franciscan intellectual and poet Fr. Murray Bodo in exploring these questions.
The mystical experience of God’s presence confirms our belief that we truly are temples of the living God. Through the original words and lives of ten mystics, you will discover the relevance of mystical words and experiences to our faith.
In this series, you will explore the writings and lives of ten great mystics. As you explore the incredible accounts of these holy men and women, you will encounter new truths about God’s love for humanity and what it means to follow Christ with all your heart.
God chooses to reveal Himself through people as different as Mary, Jesus’ Mother; the complex nineteenth-century Jesuit, Gerard Manley Hopkins; the simple modern hermit, Robert Lax; St. Catherine of Siena; and many others. What all these souls have in common is God’s revelation of His intimate presence to them. God’s revelations to the mystics prove His ongoing communication with us in every age.
The spirituality of the mystics transcends time and place. By following their paths, you will powerfully encounter God today.
Learn about downloadable programs.
Your Free Electronic Study Guide! When you order this course, we will send you a free electronic study guide that you can access in 3 convenient ways:
1) You can check your order confirmation email. It will include a link that enables you to download your guide. 2) The back of your program package also contains a copy of this link. You can access your guide by simply entering this URL into your browser. 3) Your case of CDs or DVDs will contain a copy of your electronic guide on CD. Simply insert this disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive to access your guide.
About Your Presenter
Your presenter is Fr. Murray Bodo, O.F.M., Ph.D., a Franciscan Priest and a member of the Franciscan Academy. He earned a Ph.D. in English from the University of Cincinnati and taught English and American Literature and the craft of writing for 36 years. The author of 23 books, including the best-selling, Francis: The Journey and the Dream, and his recent works, Mystics: Ten Who Show us the Ways of God and Song of the Sparrow: New Poems and Meditations. His poems, stories and articles have appeared in magazines and literary journals. Fr. Murray resides in Cincinnati, Ohio, and spends three months of the year in Assisi, Italy, as a staff member of Franciscan Pilgrimage Programs. We recommend Fr. Murray's book, Mystics: Ten Who Show Us the Ways of God, which can be purchased at www.SAMPBooks.org. Photo by Jack Wintz, OFM.
- Mary, the First Christian Mystic
- Francis of Assisi, The Mirror of Christ
- Julian of Norwich, Anchoress and Visionary of God's Goodness
- Jacopone da Todi, Poet of the Madness of God
- St. Catherine of Siena, The Body as the Cell of God
- St. John of the Cross, Mystic of the Dark Night
- St. Therese of Lisieux, Anti-Mystic of the Little Way
- Gerard Manley Hopkins, The Mysticism of Words
- Simone Weil, Affliction and the Mystical Way
- Robert Lax, Hermit and Mystic of Patient Waiting